Training Specialist/Instructor (Joint Staff Training Program)
Location: Washington, D.C.
Training and coaching can make a difference! If you want to help develop the next generation of Action Officers, consider this opportunity! Our client is looking for experienced trainers/instructors who wish to contribute to the mission of the Joint Staff Training Program, continue to learn, and make a difference in the careers of Action Officers for years to come. Ideal candidates may have served as Senior Staff, Flag Officer's Staff; performed in Senior Yeoman, Flag Writer, Command Master Chief or similar roles.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops and revises training courses and prepares appropriate training catalogs.
- Prepares instructor materials (course outline, background material, and training aids).
- Prepares all student materials (course manuals, workbooks, handouts, completion certificates, and course critique forms).
- Trains personnel by conducting formal classroom courses, workshops, and seminars.
- Develops appropriate training objectives and test methods and designs instructionally valid training materials.
- Develops any associated media products needed to support courseware products; this could include graphics, animation, audio, digital video, and still images.
- This position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Possess an active Government TS/SSBI Security Clearance.
- Working knowledge and understanding of DoD and Joint Staff organizations and functions, and the Joint Staff mission, requirements and work environment.
- Candidates should possess a combination of Instructional Systems Design, course management, and instructor experience.
- At least four (4) years of experience in systems development, training, or related fields with two (2) years of experience in providing end-user instruction on computer hardware, application software, and business process.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Working knowledge and experience using an enterprise task management, collaboration, and records management system such as the Joint Staff Action Processing (JSAP) system, Enterprise Content Management (ECM), or similar systems.
- Working knowledge and training experience with Web 2.0, Intellipedia, Defense Connect On-Line/Jabber, and SharePoint 2010 and 2013 or later versions.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment.
This document is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all job-related activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Due to the nature of the industry, job tasks may be changed as necessary to meet the needs of the customer.
Unified Strategic Resources is an equal opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.