Support Services Clerk
Location: Miami, FL
This position is responsible for performing a variety of administrative tasks in support of our customer, the Administrative Division (Administration, Support Services, Procurement, and Facilities) of the United States Attorney's Office (USAO).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Produce a variety of written documents utilizing varied and advanced word processing software functions, working from handwritten drafts, edited copy, or electronic files created by another staff member.
- Responsible for maintaining the filing system for the Support Services Unit. This includes matching paperwork to the appropriate location and general maintenance of the filing system.
- Familiarity with Support Services functions which include receipt, storage, and inventory sufficient to perform recurring requirements during day-to-day operations.
- Find and retrieve information from files in response to requests from authorized users.
- Gather materials to be filed from employees within and outside of the unit.
- Prepare USAO files to be archived.
- Make recurring and special messenger trips as necessary, answers telephone, refer callers to staff members or take messages as appropriate.
- Prepare mass mailings, ensuring labels (addresses) are correct.
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Review and analyze data and information from multiple sources and perform data entry duties.
- Operate a computer terminal, personal computer, and type at least 40 words per minute.
- Operate copying machines.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. and operate warehouse equipment including, but not limited to hand truck, flatbed, pallet jack, etc... (but not a forklift or any other driven warehouse equipment).
- Assist in completing minor repairs of furniture, fixtures, or non-electric equipment.
- Serve as warehouse receiver. Responsible for ensuring the accurate and seamless reception and processing of incoming shipments.
- Inspection of incoming shipments to verify contents and quality.
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Government Department of Justice Security Clearance.
- This position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- At least five (5) years of experience in administrative, professional, technical or other responsible work related to a broad range of fields including, but not limited to procurement, contract management, data processing, property management, public information, office management, safety, and security.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment.
This document is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all job-related activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Due to the nature of the industry, job tasks may be changed as necessary to meet the needs of the customer.
Unified Strategic Resources is an equal opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.