Records Management Specialist
Location: Greater Landover, MD
This position is responsible for responding to inquiries and processing applications and documents in support of a federal government agency. The primary function of this position includes but is not limited to the following (processing paper and electronic applications, using multiple systems, following standard operating procedures (SOPs) and business rules). While Records Management Specialists may be assigned to perform one of the primary functions described below, they will also be cross-trained to perform secondary duties according to business needs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Process paper and electronic documents in accordance with current SOPs.
- Document processing includes:
- Selection of appropriate method from a wide variety of procedures or simple interpretations of a limited number of SOPs;
- Understanding multiple data entry systems;
- Selection and identification of relevant data, labeling, jackets, logging, assignments and all associated data entry with a high level of accuracy.
- Perform data entry functions, as needed.
- Redact patient and/or manufacturer data.
- May perform mail operations such as pushing fully loaded mail carts, opening, and date stamping mail, etc.
- Perform quality control checks according to project requirements.
- Daily use of office automation tools such as Microsoft Office and other common desktop applications.
- Possess or be able to obtain/maintain a Government Public Trust Security Clearance.
- High School Diploma and at least one (1) year of office, records, or computer experience.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute with 95% accuracy.
- Technical background with knowledge of folder structure systems for electronic documents.
- Proficient with office automation tools such as Microsoft Office and other common desktop applications.
- Lifting and moving standard boxes (35 lbs.).
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced paper and electronic production environment.
- Requires the ability to bend and stretch to reach files and push a fully loaded mail cart.
- Must have a combination of excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a health-related field.
- Three (3) years related experience with two (2) years of direct experience processing documents.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment.
This document is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all job-related activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Due to the nature of the industry, job tasks may be changed as necessary to meet the needs of the customer.
Unified Strategic Resources is an equal opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.