Project Manager (FAA/ATO)
Location: Washington, D.C
The Project Manager will oversee all aspects of project operations in providing support services to the Employee Development Group within the Air Traffic Organization (ATO) of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The FAA/ATO EDSS Project Manager will be responsible for the management of a specific delivery order (or orders) covering requirements for large or complex programs or research efforts. The Project Manager provides expert management services, including project documentation, planning, timeline development, milestone identification, reporting/tracking, resource management (including business management, work hour planning/tracking, activity planning/tracking,) briefing and communications, correspondence management, business process mapping, requirements identification, roles and responsibilities definition, and developing expertise of ATO Employee Development staff.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serves as the counterpart to the client project/technical manager for intermediate to complex projects or programs.
- Manages project support operations involving multiple tasks and personnel. Organizes, directs and coordinates planning and execution of all technical support activities.
- Assigns duties and reviews the work of subordinates.
- Meets and confers with client management officials regarding the status of specific Contractor project and progress.
- Resolves problems, issues or conflicts as required.
- Represents senior level management and is dedicated to all aspects of project activity, ensuring delivery order success.
- Ensure necessary technical, business, and management (e.g., cost, schedule, and deliverable) requirements of the Statement of Work (SOW) are successfully performed in a thorough and timely manner.
- Serve as delivery order point of contact to the government customer for work performed under the delivery order.
- Prepare written documentation of accomplishments as stipulated in the monthly report submission.
- Conduct sufficient oversight and supervision of the delivery order and its employees in order to ensure both are functioning within designated labor categories and performing at acceptable levels.
- Keep the FAA/ATO ETSS Program Manager informed of any potential problems and make recommendations for solutions.
- Provide sufficient personnel, both in number and qualification to perform the work described herein.
- Provide Monthly Status Reports (MSRs), documenting the accomplishments and value-added activities of the previous month and identify planned activities for the following months.
- Conduct quarterly Contract Activity Reviews (CARs) with the government customer, addressing the schedule, cost and performance of the contract to date.
- Possess or be able to obtain/maintain an FAA Security Clearance.
- Master's Degree plus a minimum of eight (8) years intensive and progressive relevant experience in management of large projects or programs, OR
Bachelor's Degree plus ten (10) years intensive and progressive experience in the management of projects or programs.
- Project Management experience overseeing "talent management" efforts to include but not limited to executive leadership and career development, and succession planning.
- Must have documented Analyst, Consulting, and Facilitation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to write and verbally communicate effectively with senior and C-Suite executives.
- Excellent meeting/learning event facilitation skills.
- Demonstrates expert attention to detail.
- Strong customer focus.
- Demonstrates follow-through and ability to manage and track action items.
- Technology savvy in leading and supporting virtual meetings/learning events.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project.
- Leadership experience within the FAA ATO organization with knowledge of technical operations.
- Experience facilitating leadership development training within the FAA/ATO organization.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Work is primarily performed in an FAA/ATO-provided office in Washington D.C.
- Some travel may be required in the performance of duties.
This document is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all job-related activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Due to the nature of the industry, job tasks may be changed as necessary to meet the needs of the customer.
Unified Strategic Resources is an equal opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.