Low Voltage Cabler
Location: Detroit, MI
This position is responsible for installing cable support systems, special systems, security, CCTV, audiovisual and alarm cable, and various other communications cabling functions in a government environment.
Please note that this position is in support of a government contract that is anticipated to last 6 months from the contract award date.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Build out telecommunications closets
- Install cable support systems which consist of cable tray, j-hooks, and ladder tray
- Install cat 6 horizontal station cable, backbone cable, fiber optic cable, and inner duct
- Install special systems, security, CCTV, audiovisual, and alarm cable
- Terminate cat 6 horizontal 4-pair work-area outlet (modular connector) and optical fiber (multi-mode, single-mode, LC, SC)
- Perform copper splicing, fiber splicing (fusion or mechanical)
- Perform copper cable testing (UTP and coax) and optical fiber testing
- Perform both copper and optical fiber troubleshooting
- Must be able to work on ladders and use power tools
- Must have the ability to lift, carry, and set up a 50 lb. ladder
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Some travel may be required
- Perform other duties as needed
- Four plus (4+) years' experience running projects in the communications cabling industry
- Must have all company required communications technician hand tools, keep them in good operating condition, and know how to use them
- Demonstrate a clear knowledge of codes and standards
- Ability to complete and submit accurate documentation which tracks work progress including timesheets and other related documents
- Communicate with strong written and verbal skills
- Maintain a positive attitude and professional dress and demeanor
- Ability to pass a background check
- Must possess valid driver's license
- Work is primarily performed indoors with some outdoor work, and driving to and from various job sites
This document is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all job-related activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Due to the nature of the industry, job tasks may be changed as necessary to meet the needs of the customer.
Unified Strategic Resources is an equal opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.