Instructional Technical Writer
Location: Washington, D.C.
Status: Full Time
The purpose of this position is to work collaboratively with Government Project Managers and Subject Matter Experts to write and edit instructional and program documentation, instructor and learner instructional materials, reference documentation, handbooks, workbooks, and job aids.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists with the coordination, production, and distribution of material.
- Performs Quality Assurance (QA) product reviews, evaluates all deliverables for conformance with Quality Assurance policies and procedures, applicable standards and conventions, specifications, and style guides.
- Reviews all deliverables for grammatical accuracy, usage, and completeness.
- Must be willing and able to travel, as required.
- BS/BA in Technical Writing or a related discipline.
- Six (6) years' experience in creating instructional-related technical materials.
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
- Must be able to produce products with an extremely high attention to detail and accuracy. Ensures 100% of own work output complies with requirements and quality standards.
- Performs evaluation on own and peer deliverables for conformance with Quality Assurance. policies and procedures, applicable standards and conventions, specifications, and style guides.
- Ensures all deliverables are grammatically correct and complete.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment.