Instructional Systems Designer
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) will provide support services to the Employee Development Group within the Air Traffic Organization (ATO) of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The ISD designs and develops learning opportunities and resources for ATO employees and managers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Designs and develops Instructor-Led Training materials e.g., PowerPoints, Facilitator Guides, Participant Guides for Employee Development courses, and workshops.
- Designs and develops job aids and guides to enhance learning and on-the-job performance.
- Ensures 100% of own work output complies with requirements and quality standards.
- Performs evaluation on own and peer deliverables for conformance with Quality Assurance policies and procedures, applicable standards and conventions, specifications, and style guides.
- Ensures all deliverables are grammatically correct and complete.
- Creates products with extremely high attention to detail and accuracy, and work within a team environment.
- Interacts with team members and stakeholders in a problem-solving, constructive manner.
- Performs multiple concurrent tasks in a courseware production environment.
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prepares written documentation of accomplishments as stipulated in support of monthly report submission.
- Keeps the Management staff informed of any potential problems and make recommendations for solutions.
- Supports the production of Monthly Status Reports (MSRs), documenting the accomplishments and value-added activities of the previous month and identify planned activities for the following months.
- Participates in the conduct of quarterly Contract Activity Reviews (CARs) with the government customer, addressing the schedule, cost, and performance of the contract to date.
- Assists with the coordination, production, and distribution of material.
- Performs Quality Assurance (QA) product reviews, evaluates all deliverables for conformance with Quality Assurance policies and procedures, applicable standards and conventions, specifications, and style guides.
- Reviews all deliverables for grammatical accuracy, usage, and completeness.
- Master's degree in instructional design, instructional technology, learning and development, educational psychology, industrial-organizational psychology, or a closely related field.
- Six (6) years' experience in the design and development of learning and development programs and materials.
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
- Must be able to produce products with extremely high attention to detail and accuracy. Ensures 100% of own work output complies with requirements and quality standards.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment.
- Some travel may be required in the performance of duties.
This document is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all job-related activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Due to the nature of the industry, job tasks may be changed as necessary to meet the needs of the customer.
Unified Strategic Resources is an equal opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.