Location: Newport News, VA
Position Description: This position supports the ongoing operations for the Watercraft Inspection Branch (WIB) of the Army at Ft. Eustis. This position is primarily responsible for the creation and maintenance of databases to be utilized by team members and the government client. This role includes maintaining and adding functionality to an existing database (both backend and frontend) as well as the creation of new databases to better meet customer needs. This position works closely with subject matter experts to facilitate improved data entry, reduce duplication of effort, and enhance future budget and material estimates.
- Systematically update the database with recurring activities such as divestments, On Condition Cyclic Maintenance (OCCM) dry-dock report data, capture pass back maintenance cost data through review of individual worksheets, capture and report cost, reliability, availability and data maintenance for the repair of critical watercraft components/machinery and vessel component changes.
- Provide the means to develop and report logistics metrics to monitor mission performance. Descriptive data shall include, but not be limited to, vessel assignment and distribution data, manufacturer, acquisition costs, predictive OCCM scheduling, etc.
- Prepare reports and respond to requests to extract information from the database in various formats as required by the Watercraft Inspection group managers.
- Capture and format data applicable to inspections and/or evaluations, maintenance, and post maintenance activities.
- Administer data on the server as provided by the Watercraft Inspection group along with the secure backup policies.
- Maintain, modify, and upgrade enhancements and tools for the Army Watercraft Management System based on Watercraft Inspection group requirements and feedback. This requires detailed knowledge and understanding of the design assumptions and functionality to preserve existing database features
- Maintain a Performance Metrics Database within or linked to the current Army Watercraft Management Database. Generate an engineering performance metrics data collection tool. Determine reliability, supply availability, and maintainability measures and scorecards based on the data collected.
- Assist in the design of life cycle management sustainment logistics programs for future Watercraft systems or modernized systems being acquired or modernized under the purview of the Watercraft Inspection group. Support to include, providing planning assistance to respond to emerging Supportability Strategies, Sustainment Maintenance Strategies, and implementation plans.
- Update the Army Watercraft Management System with AWS provided data. Data updates shall be accurate.
- Scan OCCM documentation and provide quarterly updates to DE PSID Watercraft Inspection group personnel.
- On request provide historical vessel documentation; which may include such data as; historical dry dock reports, production costs, certificates, technical design package and historical property management documentation.
- Experience with Database Schema design, development, and normalization.
- Experience with SQL and database development including tables, views, stored procedures, functions, indexing, and constraints.
- Experience with programmatic database inserts/updates/retrieval utilizing scripting tools such as Python.
- Experience with Microsoft Project.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 / WAMP / Apache administration/configuration.
- Experience programmatic data retrieval from PDF, Access, and Excel.
- Experience with Access, ODBC, and creating Excel macros and forms.
- Experience with Intranet web development, utilizing MySQL database backend HTTP/CSS/PHP.
This document is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all job-related activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Due to the nature of the industry, job tasks may be changed as necessary to meet the needs of the customer.
Unified Strategic Resources is an equal opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.