Location: Newport News, VA
Our client has an immediate need for a database clerk who can support existing staff with data entry and quality assurance. Candidate must have previous experience working with the Microsoft Office and Adobe product suite to include MS Excel and Access. Successful candidates should possess strong attention to detail, flexibility, and willingness to learn.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Track and record contract costs into excel spreadsheets for later extrapolation to forecast and determine the future budgetary needs of contracts.
- Ensure all documents received during the contract period are promptly stored on both the local and private servers.
- Ensure database and spreadsheets are updated with key vessel/contract-related data for future retrieval and reporting purposes.
- Scan missing documents and transfer files to local and private servers.
- Perform quality checks and reconcile paperwork in closed vessel files, ensuring all necessary items are included before filing away.
- Report any issues relating to contract performance or missing documentation to program manager during monthly meetings.
- Assist the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) responsible for each contract with the necessary documents needed for contract preparation including, drawings, specification reports, and previous award documents, and ensure the necessary contract folders are complete and properly indexed on the server.
- Take on special projects/assignments as needed or directed.
- Run queries, compile data and produce reports as needed and directed by COR.
- Prepare reports and respond to requests to extract information from the database in various formats as required by the Watercraft Inspection group managers.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office to include Excel and/or Access.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience demonstrating the ability to gather facts, analyze information, and present sound conclusions.
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe files and documents.
- Adept experience working in databases, specifically Microsoft Excel, Access or SQL.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment.
This document is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all job-related activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Due to the nature of the industry, job tasks may be changed as necessary to meet the needs of the customer.
Unified Strategic Resources is an equal opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.