CCTV and Access Control Installer
Location: Detroit, MI
This position is responsible for installing, terminating, and/or programming end devices for access control, CCTV, intrusion alarms, and security infrastructure in a government environment.
Please note that this position is in support of a government contract that is anticipated to last 6 months from the contract award date.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Installing, terminating, and/or programming end devices for access control, CCTV, intrusion alarms, and security infrastructure in a government environment.
- Installation of low voltage wire.
- Terminating and installing end devices such as card/badge readers, motion detectors, door strikes, maglocks, cameras, keypads, door contacts, etc.
- Interact with Customers, Vendors, and other Contractors on-site to properly coordinate successful installations.
- Drive to the job sites per instruction of manager, assess customer's installation or service/repair needs and complete the repair of the product to the customer's satisfaction and complete service documentation.
- Maintain a safe working environment and ensure the job site is clean and clear of debris upon completion of work each day.
- Ensure that all job tickets and timesheets are completed, signed and submitted accurately to ensure all tickets are processed in a timely manner and the timesheets reach the payroll department before the cutoff.
- Assist with the maintenance of parts inventory have knowledge and understanding of all parts, part numbers, and part descriptions.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must possess valid driver's license
- Ability to pass a background check
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Electro/mechanical aptitude
- Understanding of relay logic
- Basic networking skills
- Two to Four (2 – 4) years of experience installing electronic security systems for commercial facilities preferred.
- Work is primarily performed indoors with some outdoor work and driving to and from various job sites.
This document is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all job-related activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Due to the nature of the industry, job tasks may be changed as necessary to meet the needs of the customer.
Unified Strategic Resources is an equal opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.